David Arthur Maynard Scholarship Program
The Northeast Indiana PMI Chapter offers the David Arthur Maynard Scholarship program which is designed to financially assist and encourage qualified applicants in obtaining degrees from accredited academic institutions of higher learning in the field of project management or any field with any relation to project management such as business, technology, or engineering. One $1,000 scholarship will be awarded annually; applications are accepted March 27, 2019 – May 23, 2019.
The David Arthur Maynard Scholarship program has been named in honor of one of our founding fathers who is still very active in our chapter. Mr. Maynard serves on the PMI NEIC board of directors as the Director of Course Development within the Professional Development team. His work background includes the NASA shuttle program, as well as F16, Learjet 55, and Airbus A320 projects. He also worked as the General Manager of Systems Management Inc. that focused on problem projects.
- Any individual who is, or will be, a student in good standing at an institute of higher learning during the 2019-2020 academic period. Scholarships are limited to use at an accredited degree granting institution of higher learning.
- Previous award recipients can reapply each year
- Full-time and part-time students are both eligible for consideration.
- An application. Click hereto download the application.
- A brief questionnaire. Click hereto download the questionnaire.
- A copy of latest available (high school or college) transcripts
- If selected as a finalist, must be present (at a to be announced site in Ft Wayne) to give a 10 - 15 minute presentation to the Selection Committee on the 1stThursday evening of June (6/6/2019)
- You will need to include “first name and lastname – PMI scholarship” in the email subject line
For current High School Seniors, current Undergraduate and Graduate students, you must:
Complete the application
Complete the brief questionnaire
If selected, the presentation to the Selection Committee must be no longer than 15 minutes and include no more than 7 slides. The presentation will be a project that you have led or worked. You will need to describe how each of the following was accomplished, estimated, or measured:
- Brief introduction to the project
- Team selection and development
- Length of project/activity and how well it remained on schedule
- Cost and how well it remained on budget
- Communication with your Team, was it successful?
- Quality of the results/deliverables; how they were measured?
- What events, good or bad, might impact your performance
- An Evaluation Committee will be convened comprised of three to five PMI NEIC members representing industry and academia.
- The Evaluation Committee will choose the finalists that will be passed onto the Selection Committee to make a final decision. The Selection Committee will be comprised of three to five PMI NEIC members representing industry and academia.
- An applicant’s immediate family member or sponsor cannot be on the Evaluation or Selection Committee.
- Preference will be given to the candidate who will be or is pursuing a degree in the field of project management or a directly related field.
- Applicants with the best combination of academic, extracurricular, leadership abilities, questionnaire results and presentation results will then be evaluated to determine the winner with the highest potential for success.
- Description of the scholarship, application form and the Scholarship Candidate Selection Process is available on the PMI Northeast Indiana Web site.
- Finalists will be notified by the preferred method listed on the application.
- The name(s) of scholarshsgip recipient(s) will be published on the PMI Northeast Indiana Web site and in PMI Northeast Indiana’s publications as appropriate.
- All submissions and attached supporting documentation become the property of the Project Management Institute – Northeast Indiana Chapter. None of the documents provided to this organization will be returned to the applicant.
- All decisions of the PMI NEIC Evaluation and Selection Committees are final.
- All scholarships are subject to annual funds availability.
- Scholarships will be awarded without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or state of physical handicap.
- All monies will be paid directly to the recipient’s institution.