IPFW and PMI Northeast Indiana Chapter Partnership
Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne's (IPFW's) Division of Continuing Studies has been working in concert with Dave Maynard of Northeast Indiana Chapter of the Project Management Institute (PMI-NEIC) to provide local businesses and the northeast Indiana region with project management training and the opportunity to earn an IPFW/NEIC Project Management Certificate.
Click here to sign up for our partnered project management classes.
- Published: 31 December 2008
Register for our Successfully Proven Online Classes--Earn PDU's:
- Click here to learn about our Online PDU class. Earn 10 PDU's for a very low price!
Meets PMI requirements for contact hours
- One on one interaction with the instructor.
- Class Discussion forum.
- Corrections and suggestions on all weekly sample problems.
Discussions with your classmates and instructor
- A very active, private, discussion forum.
- Learn from fellow Project Managers.
- Email notification of responses to your messages.
- The pace can be varied to suit student's needs.
- Log on to the class 24 / 7.
- No set class time.
- Attend class from work or home or while traveling.
- Students can be in ANY geographic area.
- Published: 07 October 2006
The PMI Northeast Indiana Chapter honored Dave at the December 5, 2013 meeting for his dedication and service to the chapter and community.
Dave is a founding member of the chapter and is well-known and respected for his PM knowledge and talent for training
- Published: 06 December 2013
Saint Louis University-Civil Engineering
Scholarship Award: $1,000
- Published: 28 August 2013
Click on each link below to add the 2013 event to your Outlook calendar:
January Dinner Event
February Dinner Event
March Dinner Event
April Dinner Event
May Dinner Event
September Dinner Event
October Dinner Event
December Dinner Event
- Published: 19 January 2011
Written by Dan Zilai, PMP® - President Elect, PMI-NEIC
PMI recently bestowed our Vice President of Professional Development, Mr. Dave Maynard the position of Manager, Project Risk Management Community of Practice. This 'Community Practice' position enriches effective project management by developing a forum for networking, knowledge content and active practitioner engagement. The PMI Project Risk Management Community of Practice is the continuation of PMI's efforts to sustain sound risk management practices in the project management industry which Dave will have a great opportunity to influence these practices for the benefit of PMI. The risk management community has over 20,000 practitioners which Dave will have an international leadership role. Additionally this reflects well on PMI-NEIC to have recognized PMI leaders locally here in the greater North-East Indiana area.
The Project Risk Management Community of Practice:
- Buildsthe capacity of project managers so they can contribute actively to the implementation and usage of sound risk management practices, and leverage them to improve project management effectiveness.
- Developsspecific knowledge for both new and experienced project managers, so they can increase the impact of risk management on projects and programs.
- Disseminatesthe knowledge of risk management and promote risk management methods and tools through active networking, education, collaboration and communication.
- Promotesand actively fosters the exchange of current resources and information that pertain to practitioners.
- Shares PMI's best practices for project risk management activities.
For more information on the PMI Project Risk Management Community of Practice, see the referenced material below.
- Published: 29 July 2013